TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The sponsor of this competition is BBG Enterprises LLC (“SPONSOR” or “We” or “Us” or Our”), an Arizona limited liability company having an address of 3370 N Hayden Road #123-539, Scottsdale, Arizona 85251. These terms and conditions (“Terms”) set out the entire agreement between you (“You”, “Your”, or “Participant”) and SPONSOR in relation to your entry into “The Better Life Challenge” (the “Competition”) run by SPONSOR. By participating in this Competition, you agree to these Terms, which may be revised by Us at Our sole discretion from time to time, and You acknowledge that you have read and understood them.
2. There are two Rounds in this Competition:
Round 1: The Monthly Competitions – In Round 1, Participants can compete for a monthly prize ranging from $100-$600 in value. More details about Round 1, including how to participate, the prizes, and the judging criteria are stated in Section 10.
Round 2: The Grand Prize (The Cash Competition) – In Round 2, the winner from each monthly competition from Round 1 advances to compete for the Grand Prize: a cash prize. More details about Round 2, including how to participate, the prizes, and the judging criteria are stated in Section 11.
3. To be eligible to enter this Competition you must be over (18) years of age. To win a monthly product you must have an address easily shippable from the United States. If not, you will win cash equivalence. In order to win the grand prize, you must be able to accept money from the United States.
4. Employees of SPONSOR
(BBG Enterprises LLC), BBG Enterprises LLC, and other companies associated with
the promotion of the Competition, and their respective parents, subsidiaries,
affiliates, and its advertising or promotion agencies, competition judges,
competition prize suppliers, any other companies engaged in the development,
production, or distribution of materials for this Competition, and members of
the immediate families of, or persons domiciled with, any of the above, are not
eligible to enter this Competition.
5. To enter the Competition, you must during the Competition Period, register for the Competition at the following web site:
6. Limit one (1) entry per
person, per email address for the duration of the contest period, regardless of
method of entry. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of
the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of SPONSOR
and will not be acknowledged or returned.
7. You warrant that you
fulfill the eligibility requirement set out at Sections 3-6 If
you do not fulfill those requirements, or any other requirements set out in
these Terms, your Competition entry will be void.
8. SPONSOR is not
responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged,
misdirected, or undeliverable correspondence or entries to the Competition, all
of which will be disqualified. Proof of submission or sending the submission is
not proof of receipt by SPONSOR. Incomplete or late entries will not be
eligible to enter the Competition.
9. The Competition is a
game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winner. All winners
are selected based on their merits of points earned.
Round 1: The Monthly Competitions:
11. How To Participate
You participate in Round 1 of the Competition by signing up at www.TheBetterLife.com, and then participating in a series of daily mini-challenges each designated to day over 30 days. Each year a grand prize will be delivered in December.
The Competition consists of 30 days worth of challenges you can earn points by completing. Each challenge is designated to a particular day (Day 1, Day 2… up to Day 30). Therefore, you should return each subsequent day complete the challenge designated for that day. There is a 40 day period from the day you enroll to acquire points. No points are awarded beyond that 40 day window. In the event you miss a particular day’s challenge you will be able to complete any missed challenges up to 5 times so long as they are completed within the 40 day window.
Each daily challenge completed during the Competition will earn you a certain number of points. The more challenges you complete, the more opportunity you will have to earn points. The points you have earned so far will be displayed in your profile within the Competition web site. More details on how points are awarded and how winners are selected can be found in Section 10(C).
The month in which you are competing is based on the date you enroll. Each contestant has a 40 day window to earn as many points as possible, so the month you are competing in is the month that your 40 day window ends. For example, if you enrolled on November 10th, you would be competing in the December prize group since your 40 day points window ends in December (on December 20th). The monthly group you are competing in is displayed on the leaderboards so it clear which monthly group you are part of.
1. The Prizes
The following prizes will be awarded for each month in the Monthly Competitions (for each month that is held until Round 2 begins):
1. The Winning Criteria
For each monthly competition, the winning prize will be awarded to participants who earned the most total points from participating in the daily challenges during their 40 day window to acquire points. Total points for each participant will be calculated by adding the Primary Points and Bonus Points together to arrive at the total points. *Must be eligible to receive prize.
Primary points will be awarded each time a participant watches a daily contest video lesson, performs the stated exercises, AND then submits the short response that has been requested in complete, coherent sentences.
You will receive 50 points for every daily challenge you complete, but you also have the opportunity to earn bonus points.
Bonus points will be awarded as follows:
1. Social Bonus Points: You can earn bonus points is by sharing your progress on your Facebook and Twitter social media platforms and by inviting others to join the challenge with you. You will receive 30 bonus points for each challenge shared via Facebook and/or Twitter using the built-in sharing feature when at least one person has visited link from said share. When sharing your progress on social media platforms and when inviting others to join the challenge with you, you must do it using the tools provided within the Competition website or the points will not be credited to you.
2. Friend Bonus Points: When you invite friends to join The Better Life challenge with you using the invitation and sharing tools provided within the Competition website and they signup for the first time using your unique link, they will become attached to your profile as friend you referred. You will earn 1 bonus points for every 4 primary and social bonus points a friend you invited earns during your 40 day window to acquire points.
So, if you challenged 10 friends who in total earned 4,000 points during your 40 day window to acquire points you would earn 1,000 points as friend bonus points. Your friend(s) bonus points are calculated off your friend’s primary points and social bonus points, but not including their friend(s) bonus points they may earn by referring friends of their own.
The winner for each month of Round 1 will be notified by the 15th of of the month following their monthly group. For example, if a contestant in competing in the May group, the finalists will be named by June 15th.
In the event that a tie occurs between two or more contestants, a tiebreaker will take place to determine which contestant will be the finalists. The first tiebreaker will be based on the number of challenges completed, awarding the win to the contestant(s) with the most challenges completed. If a subsequent tiebreaker is needed the win will be awarded to the contestant(s) with the most referred friends. If a further tiebreaker is needed the contestants will be judged by our panel based on their responses to the 30-day challenges. The judging panel will then rate each of responses from 1-5 stars, and the contestant with the highest score will then be declared the winner and become a finalist.
Each winner from each of the Monthly Competitions advances to Round 2 to compete for the Grand Prize.
Round 2: The Grand Prize (The Cash
12. How To Participate
Round 2 will begin December 1st. Round 2 will conclude September December 31st.
Each of the winners from the respective Monthly Competitions can participate in Round 2 to compete for the Grand Prize. So, if there were 12 Monthly Competitions held, then that means there will be 12 people who qualify to participate in Round 2.
Each contestant who became a Round 1 winner will be contacted by email to notify them of their finalist status. It is the contestant's responsibility to look out for this email. Round 2 of the Competition will require the finalists to share their affiliate link to get as many new members as possible signed up and to submit a final video about their Better Life experience.
When Round 2 begins the finalists will then be given 14 days to get as many new Better Life Members as possible enrolled and to submit a video about their Better Life Experience.
Finalists will be judged by our panel based off of their creativity and messaging in their final video and how many people they enrolled in the final 14 days. The person our panel deems most deserving will be the winner of the respective Phase 2 competition.
1. The Prizes
The winner of Round Two will receive the grand prize of $10,000 cash
12. The Round 2 potential winner must also sign IRS Form W-9 before receiving the grand prize so that the value of the prize can be correctly reported to the U.S Internal Revenue Service for income tax purposes. The Round 2 potential winner must also sign, if requested, a form of Declaration of Compliance and Release which confirms compliance with these official Competition rules and releases SPONSOR and its affiliated companies, agencies, competition prize suppliers and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents (collectively, the “Competition Group”) from all liability with respect to the contestant’s participation in this Competition and the awarding and use of the Prizes. Potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identification as part of the verification process. If a potential winner cannot be located or does not respond within five (5) days of notification, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits the Prizes and SPONSOR may, at its sole and absolute discretion, select the entrant with the next highest number of votes, whom SPONSOR will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification, in the same manner. SPONSOR will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential winner.
13. For both Round 1 and Round 2 prizes, the Prizes must be accepted by the winners as awarded, cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged, or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of SPONSOR. In the event that the Prizes, or any part of them, become unavailable beyond the control of SPONSOR, SPONSOR reserves the right, to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. Any applicable taxes on the Prizes, and any other costs not expressly included in the description of the Prize herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in the Prize is subject to the Terms of SPONSOR, and any other service providers or prize suppliers associated with the Competition.
14. All Competition entries must be based on fact and genuine results achieved.
15. You warrant that all information and/or materials submitted along with your Competition entry, including, but not limited to your photographs and written and electronic communication (together the “Material”) is original, shall not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, and shall not violate any other laws. You acknowledge that SPONSOR, by operation of Section 16 below, shall become the sole and exclusive property of SPONSOR, and may be used by SPONSOR in any way (including, without limitation, on the Competition web site or other web sites of SPONSOR) without permission or any compensation to you.
17. You assume all risk of injury, harm, or loss of any kind arising from participating in the Competition. You release SPONSOR, and its directors, officers, and employees from all risk, loss, injury, damage, liability, or harm that may arise from participating in the Competition or the Prizes.
18. Please ensure your contact information is up to date and maintained throughout the Competition. If you are judged to be the Winner and cannot be reached for notification due to your not providing accurate contact information, you will be dropped as the Winner with the next highest judged competitor taking your place.
19. SPONSOR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or to be acting in violation of these Terms or in an unsportsmanlike, immoral, or disruptive manner.
20. SPONSOR does not warrant that entry in, access to or use of the Competition or the Competition web site will be uninterrupted or error-free.
21. Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes, or modifies any statutory consumer guarantees or any other implied warranties under any legislation. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SPONSOR (including its officers, employees, and agents) is not responsible for, not accept any liability for:
22. Any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by you or otherwise;
23. Technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, slow down, interruptions, or disconnections in phone networks or lines or computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, or hardware or software connected to or related to the Competition or Competition web site, howsoever caused;
24. Failure of any email or transmission to be received by SPONSOR for any reason whatsoever;
25. Typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Competition, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Terms, the selection and announcement of the winner, or the distribution of the Prizes;
26. The conduct of SPONSOR and other companies that are involved in delivering the prizes to the winners; or
27. Any combination thereof.
28. SPONSOR reserves the right to interpret these Terms and, if necessary, to amend these Terms or cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to if an event beyond the reasonable control of SPONSOR affects the proper conduct or administration of the Competition or prevents the awarding of the Prizes in accordance with these Terms. As another non-limiting example, SPONSOR also reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition if at least 100,000 people have not participated in the Monthly Competitions during a calendar year. SPONSOR’s interpretation of these Terms are final and at the sole discretion of SPONSOR.
29. These Terms set out the entire agreement and understanding between you and Us with respect to the subject matter herein.
30. These Terms are governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona.
This Competition is void where prohibited.