The Better Life Challenge
Official Terms and Conditions
- The sponsor of this competition is BBG Enterprises LLC (“SPONSOR” or “We” or “Us” or Our”), an Arizona limited liability company having an address of 3370 N Hayden Road #123-539, Scottsdale, Arizona 85251. These terms and conditions (“Terms”) set out the entire agreement between you (“You”, “Your”, or “Participant”) and SPONSOR in relation to your entry into “The Better Life Challenge” (the “Competition”) run by SPONSOR. By participating in this Competition, you agree to these Terms, which may be revised by Us at Our sole discretion from time to time, and You acknowledge that you have read and understood them.
- There are two Rounds in this Competition:
Round 1: The Monthly Competitions – In Round 1, Participants can compete for a monthly prize ranging from $100-$600 in value. More details about Round 1, including how to participate, the prizes, and the judging criteria are stated in Section 10.
Round 2: The Grand Prize (The Car Competition) – In Round 2, the finalists from each monthly competition from Round 1 advance to compete for the Grand Prize: a car or cash prize. More details about Round 2, including how to participate, the prizes, and the judging criteria are stated in Section 11.
- To be eligible to enter this Competition you must be over (18) years of age and be a permanent resident or Citizen of the United States, and must be able to accept any applicable award in the United States.
- Employees of SPONSOR (BBG Enterprises LLC), BBG Enterprises LLC, and other companies associated with the promotion of the Competition, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and its advertising or promotion agencies, competition judges, competition prize suppliers, any other companies engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Competition, and members of the immediate families of, or persons domiciled with, any of the above, are not eligible to enter this Competition.
- To enter the Competition, you must during the Competition Period, register for the Competition at the following web site:
- Limit one (1) entry per person, per email address for the duration of the contest period, regardless of method of entry. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of SPONSOR and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- You warrant that you fulfill the eligibility requirement set out at Sections 3-6 above. If you do not fulfill those requirements, or any other requirements set out in these Terms, your Competition entry will be void.
- SPONSOR is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, misdirected, or undeliverable correspondence or entries to the Competition, all of which will be disqualified. Proof of submission or sending the submission is not proof of receipt by SPONSOR. Incomplete or late entries will not be eligible to enter the Competition.
- The Competition is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winner. All entries will be judged individually on their merits.
- Round 1: The Monthly Competitions:
A. How To Participate
Round 1 will take place when there are at least 100,000 participants in the Monthly Competitions combined. Once round 1 has 100,000 participants, round 2 will begin 30 days later.
You participate in Round 1 of the Competition by signing up at www.TheBetterLife.com, and then participating in a series of daily mini-challenges each designated to day over 30 days.
The Competition consists of 30 days worth of challenges you can earn points by completing. Each challenge is designated to a particular day (Day 1, Day 2… up to Day 30). Therefore, you should return each subsequent day complete the challenge designated for that day. There is a 40 day period from the day you enroll to acquire points. No points are awarded beyond that 40 day window. In the event you miss a particular day’s challenge you will be able to complete any missed challenges up to 5 times so long as they are completed within the 40 day window.
Each daily challenge completed during the Competition will earn you a certain number of points. The more challenges you complete, the more opportunity you will have to earn points. The points you have earned so far will be displayed in your profile within the Competition web site. More details on how points are awarded and how winners are selected can be found in Section 10(C).
The month in which you are competing is based on the date you enroll. Each contestant has a 40 day window to earn as many points as possible, so the month you are competing in is the month that your 40 day window ends. For example, if you enrolled on November 10th, you would be competing in the December prize group since your 40 day points window ends in December (on December 20th). The monthly group you are competing in is displayed on the leaderboards so it clear which monthly group you are part of.
B. The Prizes
The following prizes will be awarded for each month in the Monthly Competitions (for each month that is held until Round 2 begins):
- December 2016 – Apple Watch – Series 2 (Retail $549.00)
- January 2016 – Dean’s MSH Book Package with Growth Mastery (Retail $497.00)
- February 2017 – DJI Phantom 3 Quadcopter – White (Retail $499.99)
- March 2017 – $500.00 QuikTrip Gas Card
- April 2017 – 2 VIP Tickets To The Growth Summit 2017 (Retail $547.00)
- May 2017 - $300.00 Amazon Gift Card
- June 2017 – HP Pavilion 13.3 Touch-Screen Laptop (Retail $469.99)
- July 2017 - $350.00 Visa Gift Card
- August 2017 – Growth Course Bundle (Retail $594.00)
- September 2017 -Amazon Echo (Retail $179.99)
- October 2017 - Silver 32 GB iPad Air 2 (Retail $399.00)
- November 2017 – Fitbit Blaze (Retail $199.95)
- December 2017 – Beats EP Headphones ( Retail $130.00)
- January 2018 – Xbox One S Console (Retail $299.00)
- February 2018 – Apple TV 32 GB (Retail $179.00)
- March 2018 – 2 VIP EDGE Tickets (Retail $3,997)
- April 2018 – 32” TCL LED TV (Retail $199.00)
- May 2018 – GoPro HERO5 (Retail $199.00)
- June 2018 - Bose Portable Bluetooth Speaker (Retail $199.00)
- July 2018 - $250 Cash Card (Retail ($250.00)
- August 2018 – 2 Growth Summit VIP Tickets ($1,997)
- September 2018 – All New Fire HD 10 Kindle (Retail $150.00)
- October 2018 – Mr. Coffee Barista Espresso & Cappucino Machine (Retail $199.00)
- November 2018 – Southwest Airlines $300 Gift Card (Retail: $299.00)
- December 2018 – Blue Apron $240 Gift Card (Retail $240)
C. The Judging Criteria
For each monthly competition, 10 monthly finalists will be chosen based upon the Participants who earned the most total points from participating in the daily challenges during their 40 day window to acquire points. Total points for each participant will be calculated by adding the Primary Points and Bonus Points together to arrive at the total points.
Primary points will be awarded each time a participant watches a daily contest video lesson, performs the stated exercises, AND then submits the short response that has been requested in complete, coherent sentences.
You will receive 50 points for every daily challenge you complete, but you also have the opportunity to earn bonus points.
Bonus points will be awarded as follows:
i. Social Bonus Points You can earn bonus points is by sharing your progress on your Facebook and Twitter social media platforms and by inviting others to join the challenge with you. You will receive 30 bonus points for each challenge shared via Facebook and/or Twitter using the built-in sharing feature when at least one person has visited link from said share. When sharing your progress on social media platforms and when inviting others to join the challenge with you, you must do it using the tools provided within the Competition website or the points will not be credited to you.
ii. Friend Bonus Points When you invite friends to join The Better Life challenge with you using the invitation and sharing tools provided within the Competition website and they signup for the first time using your unique link, they will become attached to your profile as friend you referred. You will earn 1 bonus points for every 4 primary and social bonus points a friend you invited earns during your 40 day window to acquire points.
So if you challenged 10 friends who in total earned 4,000 points during your 40 day window to acquire points you would earn 1,000 points as friend bonus points. Your friend(s) bonus points are calculated off your friend’s primary points and social bonus points, but not including their friend(s) bonus points they may earned by referring friends of their own.
The top 10 finalists for each month of Round 1 will be notified by the 8th of of the month following their monthly group, and winner will be picked based on the 30-day challenge responses by the 15th . For example, if a contestant in competing in the May 2017 group, the finalists will be named by June 8th, 2017 and the winner will be selected and notified by June 15th, 2017.
All Submitted Answers must be non-fiction and are subject to factual verification. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries not complying with the rules are subject to disqualification.
The winner for each monthly competition in Round 1 will be determined by SPONSOR’s Panel of 3 qualified judges (the “Panel”) comprising members of SPONSOR’s leadership team by selecting the person who best fulfilled the spirit of the challenge based on their responses.
In the event that a tie occurs between two or more contestants to be one of the top 10 point earners for the month, a tiebreaker will take place to determine which contestant(s) will be one the finalists. The first tiebreaker will be based on the number of challenges completed, awarding the win to the contestant(s) with the most challenges completed. If a subsequent tiebreaker is needed the win will be awarded to the contestant(s) with the most referred friends. If a further tiebreaker is needed the contestants will be judged by our panel based on their responses to the 30-day challenges. The judging panel will then rate each of responses from 1-5 stars, and the contestant with the highest score will then be declared the winner and become a finalist.
All 10 finalists from each of the Monthly Competitions advance to Round 2 to compete for the Grand Prize.
- Round 2: The Grand Prize (The Car Competition):
A. How To Participate
Round 2 will begin whenever there are at least 100,000 participants in the Monthly Competitions combined. Round 2 will conclude by selecting a winner 60 days after it begins (which for example would be January 18th, 2019 if it begins on November 18th, 2018).
Each of the 10 finalists from the respective Monthly Competitions can participate in Round 2 to compete for the Grand Prize, even if the finalist did not win a monthly prize. So if there were 12 Monthly Competitions held, then that means there will be 120 people (10 finalists x 12 months) who qualify to participate in Round 2.
Each contestant who became a Round 1 finalist will be contacted by email to notify them of their finalist status along with a notice being posted in the Competition website that can be viewed when they login. It is the contestant's responsibility to look out for this email and/or login to the Competition website for these updates. Round 2 of the Competition will require submitting a video and written essay to the Contest web site within 30 days of being named a Round 1 finalist.
When Round 2 begins the finalists will then be given 30 days to submit a video that will be judged by the judging panel along with their earlier submissions to each of the daily competitions. The video must meet the following criteria:
i. Be no more than 5 minutes maximum;
ii. The video should explain how the participant grew as a result of the daily challenges, what they learned in those 30 days, what habits have improved, what they thought of the challenge overall, and would they recommend the challenge to a friend*;
iii. The video should be saved in a MOV or MP4 format; and
iv. The video should be uploaded through the Competition web site (www.TheBetterLife.com) within 30 days from when their Month’s finalists were selected (the 8th of each month). For example, if a finalist was in the March 2017 challenge group, the finalists for that group will be selected and notified by April 8th, 2017. Those finalists will have 30 days from April 8th, 2017 to submit their video.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: By submitting the video according to the instructions noted above, the participant hereby grants SPONSOR the right to use the video for marketing or other promotional purposes, unless participant withdraws that consent by clearly stating that such consent has been withdrawn at the very end of the video.
The Panel will judge the entries from each monthly finalist as follows:
- Video submission – 50%
- Short answer submissions to each daily challenge (submitted previously within the Competition web site) – 50%
Each Participant’s video will be given a rating between 1-5 stars. 5 will be the highest score possible, and 1 will be the lowest. There can be multiple videos that receive the same rating.
Similarly, each Participant’s short answer submissions will be given a rating between 1-5 stars. 5 will be the highest score possible, and 1 will be the lowest. There can be multiple short answer submissions that receive the same rating.
There will be a total of 10 possible points (stars) that each finalist can earn. The finalist with the most points awarded by the Panel will be the winner of the respective monthly competition.
B. The Prizes
The winner of Round Two will receive the grand prize of Dean Graziosi’s like new 2016 Tesla® P85D automobile estimated at a value of $120,000 USD or $60,000 USD in cash, whichever the winner so chooses.
- The Round 2 potential winner must also sign IRS Form W-9 before receiving the grand prize so that the value of the prize can be correctly reported to the U.S Internal Revenue Service for income tax purposes. The Round 2 potential winner must also sign, if requested, a form of Declaration of Compliance and Release which confirms compliance with these official Competition rules and releases SPONSOR and its affiliated companies, agencies, competition prize suppliers and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents (collectively, the “Competition Group”) from all liability with respect to the contestant’s participation in this Competition and the awarding and use of the Prizes. Potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identification as part of the verification process. If a potential winner cannot be located or does not respond within five (5) days of notification, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits the Prizes and SPONSOR may, at its sole and absolute discretion, select the entrant with the next highest number of votes, whom SPONSOR will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification, in the same manner. SPONSOR will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential winner.
- For both Round 1 and Round 2 prizes, the Prizes must be accepted by the winners as awarded, cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged, or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of SPONSOR. In the event that the Prizes, or any part of them, become unavailable beyond the control of SPONSOR, SPONSOR reserves the right, to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. Any applicable taxes on the Prizes, and any other costs not expressly included in the description of the Prize herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. For example, the Round 2 winner will also be responsible for paying income taxes, any sales tax, transportation, and other charges related to accepting the award of the car, if the car is chosen by the winner instead of the cash prize option. Participation in the Prize is subject to the Terms of SPONSOR, and any other service providers or prize suppliers associated with the Competition.
- All Competition entries must be based on fact and genuine results achieved. The Winner will be required to validate their achievements to the satisfaction of the judging Panel, upon request, as a condition of receiving the Prize.
- You warrant that all information and/or materials submitted along with your Competition entry, including, but not limited to your photographs and written and electronic communication (together the “Material”) is original, shall not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, and shall not violate any other laws. You acknowledge that SPONSOR, by operation of Section 16 below, shall become the sole and exclusive property of SPONSOR, and may be used by SPONSOR in any way (including, without limitation, on the Competition web site or other web sites of SPONSOR) without permission or any compensation to you.
- You assume all risk of injury, harm, or loss of any kind arising from participating in the Competition. You release SPONSOR, and its directors, officers, and employees from all risk, loss, injury, damage, liability, or harm that may arise from participating in the Competition or the Prizes.
- Please ensure your contact information is up to date and maintained throughout the Competition. If you are judged to be the Winner and cannot be reached for notification due to your not providing accurate contact information, you will be dropped as the Winner with the next highest judged competitor taking your place.
- SPONSOR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or to be acting in violation of these Terms or in an unsportsmanlike, immoral, or disruptive manner.
- SPONSOR does not warrant that entry in, access to or use of the Competition or the Competition web site will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes, or modifies any statutory consumer guarantees or any other implied warranties under any legislation. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SPONSOR (including its officers, employees, and agents) is not responsible for, not accept any liability for:
- Any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by you or otherwise;
- Technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, slow down, interruptions, or disconnections in phone networks or lines or computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, or hardware or software connected to or related to the Competition or Competition web site, howsoever caused;
- Failure of any email or transmission to be received by SPONSOR for any reason whatsoever;
- Typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Competition, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Terms, the selection and announcement of the winner, or the distribution of the Prizes;
- The conduct of SPONSOR and other companies that are involved in delivering the prizes to the winners; or
- Any combination thereof.
- SPONSOR reserves the right to interpret these Terms and, if necessary, to amend these Terms or cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to if an event beyond the reasonable control of SPONSOR affects the proper conduct or administration of the Competition or prevents the awarding of the Prizes in accordance with these Terms. As another non-limiting example, SPONSOR also reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition if at least 100,000 people have not participated in the Monthly Competitions by November 18th 2018. SPONSOR’s interpretation of these Terms are final and at the sole discretion of SPONSOR.
- These Terms set out the entire agreement and understanding between you and Us with respect to the subject matter herein.
- These Terms are governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona.
- This Competition is void where prohibited.